Solving pet behavior problems
This online library contains tried-and-true methods for managing many common pet behavior problems as well as tools for evaluating situations that may require additional resources. Please browse the list of titles below and study the information that’s relevant to your particular situation. Try the solutions that are offered.
If your problem persists, please contact our Pet Helpline to connect with a behavior specialist.
This online library and our expert staff assist Animal Humane Society in carrying out its mission to reinforce the human-animal bond and reduce the number of surrendered animals. Materials can be mailed to people who don’t have access to a computer.
Dogs and cats
- Preparing for a new cat
- Preventing and solving litter box problems
- Petting-induced and play aggression in cats
- Adding a second cat to your household
- Scratching behavior in cats
- Excessive vocalization in cats
- Keeping your cat off the counter
- Managing nocturnal behavior in cats
- Transitioning your outdoor cat to indoor life
- Traveling with your cat by car
For all dog owners
- Crate training your dog or puppy
- Socializing your dog
- Raising kids with canines
- Brain games for dogs (reduce boredom and redirect energy)
- Etiquette for dog owners
- Housetraining: a survival guide
- Potty-pad training your dog
- Dog grooming tips
- Dog and bike safety
- Loose leash training
- Two puppies — don’t do it!
- Managing mouthing in dogs
- Misconceptions about dog muzzles
- Traveling with your dog by car
Leave A Comment